1. Refer to the exhibit. The network administrator has discovered that packets destined for servers on the 172.16.254.0 network are being dropped by Router2. What command should the administrator issue to ensure that these packets are sent out the gateway of last resort, Serial 0/0/1?
2. Refer to the exhibit. How many routes in this output qualify for use as ultimate routes?
3. The following entry is displayed in the routing table:
R 192.168.8.0/24 [120/2] via 192.168.4.1, 00:00:26, Serial0/0/1
What type of route is this?
a level 1 ultimate network route
4. Refer to the exhibit. The graphic contains partial contents of the routing table on router E. Router E is running version 12.3 of the IOS and is configured for default routing behavior. Router E receives a packet to forward. Which route in the routing table will be searched first and why?
172.16.0.0/25 because it is the first level 1 route
5. Refer to the exhibit. A packet destined for host 126.96.36.199/16 is processed by the JAX router. After finding the static route in the routing table that matches the destination network for this packet, what does the router do next?
performs a recursive lookup to find the exit interface used to forward the packet
6. A network is converged and the routing tables are complete. When a packet needs to be forwarded, what is the first criterion used to determine the best path in the routing table?
the route with the longest address and mask match to the destination
7. Refer to the exhibit. Router1 is running IOS version 12.2. What will the network administrator need to do so that packets for unknown child routes of 172.16.0.0/24 will not be dropped?
do nothing, ip classless is on by default
8. Refer to the exhibit. Router B receives a packet with a destination address of 10.16.1.97. What will router B do?
use the default route
9. Refer to the exhibit. What protocol was used to distribute the routing information for the network 172.16.1.4?
10. Refer to the exhibit. What subnet mask will Router1 apply to child routes of the 172.16.0.0/24 network?
11. A route to a destination network is learned from multiple routing protocols. What is used by a Cisco router to select the preferred route to the destination that will be installed in the routing table?
12. What occurs when no ip classless is implemented on the router?
The router will assume it has knowledge of all subnets in the network and will not search beyond child routes for a better match.
13. Refer to the exhibit. Router1 has been issued the ip classless command. What happens to packets destined to host 172.16.3.10?
forward out interface Serial0/0/1
14. Refer to the exhibit. With the ip classless command issued, what will router R2 do with a packet destined for host 172.16.4.234?
send packet out Serial 0/0/1
15. Refer to the exhibit. What parent network will automatically be included in the routing table when the three subnets are configured on Router1?
16. Refer to the exhibit. Which statement correctly describes this network?
There is at least one parent and one child route
17. Refer to the exhibit. What can be determined from this output?
All of the routes listed are network routes.
18. What determines if the router implements a classless route lookup process?
The command ip classless is enabled on the router.